Monday, August 5, 2013

ONE WEEK

Today marks ONE WEEK until I leave for Panama! It feels crazy just saying that. The past few weeks of preparation have consisted of doctor visits, paperwork, watching "Friends" on repeat, trying to decide how in the world to pack for a whole year, eating an excessive amount of burritos, and spending time with friends and family.

But, before I say more, I would like to give a HUGE shout out to everyone who has donated to my mission. I could say thank you every single day, and that still wouldn't be enough. I am beyond blessed and so grateful for every single one of you. Without y'all, this wouldn't be possible! I promise that I will keep you all well updated on all of my adventures and work that I do!

Since my last post about orientation, I have had a super relaxing and wonderful time catching up with friends and family.

First, I got to volunteer for a week at a camp for people with disabilities called Adventurers Camp. This camp is located at my favorite place in the world, Trinity Center, where I also grew up going to camp and eventually worked as a counselor for two summers. Being here for a week reminded me how humbling it is to be able to serve other people, and made me even more excited to be able to serve others for an entire year abroad! Here is a quick picture to sum up how great this week was:
Sweet girls of Cabin 6
Oh wait, this is where the camp is located:
Beautiful sunset at Camp Trinity

Otherwise, I have been traveling all over good ol' North Carolina just to make sure I get to see everybody one last time and say final goodbyes. It is incredible how much support I have received from family and friends. I have always said that I have never understood how I am so lucky and blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. I realize I am a total sap and constantly post about people and how great I think they are. But it is true, and all of you are my inspiration. The place I see God the most is through other people, which is yet another reason why I am BEYOND excited to meet and experience a whole new culture. I can't wait to meet new people, new friends, and learn as much as possible about the culture. One more week - and I couldn't be more excited.

But before I go, and staying on the topic of people, I just want to take a hot second to recognize and yet again congratulate these two cuties - my sister Katherine and her fiancé Stefan:
It is officially 3 months until these two get married!!! A wedding in The Netherlands - stay tuned for a post about that in 3 months!

Once again, thank you to everyone that has gotten me to where I am! Keep the prayers coming, I appreciate them more than you know!

Chau!

1 comment: